Being the best man is a great honor, there’s no doubt about that. However, keep in mind that this honor comes with many duties and responsibilities before you can deliver the speech at the wedding ceremony. One of the jobs the best man is traditionally tasked with is bachelor party organization. This includes everything from picking a place and adorning it with bachelor party decorations to planning the agenda and making sure the event goes smoothly on every front.
No matter what type of stag do you’re hosting, providing the crew with a hearty meal is a must (after all, there’s has to be something to soak up all the booze, right?). Of course, the last thing you want is to assume you’ll fix it up easily the day before and handle the food duties last minute. Take at least a few days to plan the menu and don’t forget to take into account any possible dietary restrictions before you start planning the menu so you can accommodate accordingly.
On the other hand, don’t make the mistake of planning the F&B menu before you’ve set the party agenda. Remember – determine the itinerary first, then take care of food duties. Are you only going to be having appetizers before setting out on a bar crawl or are you spending the whole party indoors, hence more dishes and an ample meal are a more sensible idea? Consider every angle and decide on a number of dishes.
When it comes to food options, it’s always good to remember these three tips before you start planning the bachelor party food menu :
- everyone appreciates versatile options
- yes, this is definitely an occasion for indulgent food
- provide filling meals to avoid a hangover or getting too drunk
First up – appetizers and finger food
Are you only commencing the party at the apartment and gathering for a warm up before heading out to a restaurant or a pub? Or maybe the plan is to meet up and go on a trip shortly after? How about a low-key tailgate party? Bite-size snacks are the ideal solution, as they’re easy to grab, go well with drinks and will still leave space for the main dish.
In case you’re out of bachelor party appetizer ideas, consider some of our suggestions below. They’re all nosh-worthy and, yes, they all go well with beer – we’ve checked!
- Chips in salsa
- Charcuterie board
- Tortilla pinwheels
- Chicken skewers
- Spring rolls
- Beer pretzels
- Cheese balls
- Garlic mushroom kabobs
- Mini stuffed muffins
If the entire bachelor party get-together is going to be held at one spot, you have the opportunity to impress the guys with your cooking skills. Our list of main dish ideas caters to everyone’s tastes, so run it by the crew or, if you’re confident enough, create your own bachelor party food menu and surprise all party guests, not just the groom. You’ll find both classic as well as innovative dishes on our list, and when it comes to recipes, Youtube is just a few clicks away!
No matter what your cooking method, from going the BBQ route to opting for a slow cooker, the end goal should be satisfying the foodies attending the party. To help you on your quest for compiling the bachelor food menu, check out our top ten picks for meat dishes for a stag do party. Lunch or dinner, it doesn’t matter, the main course is still the main course, ’cause, hey, who’s watching their calorie intake on occasions like these?!
- Slow-roast pork shoulder – serve it with veggies or a salad to complete the meal and there you have it, a popular go-to entertaining dish that won’t disappoint!
- Grilled lamb chomps – which meat lover can resist the deep golden brown color of these babies?
- Beer can chicken – heck, this is a perfect recipe for your bash! It’s a true ‘bloke’s way of cooking’ type of dish, and the guys will surely be delighted
- Salmon patties – a good protein meal is a portion of great pre-drink food, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be animal meat as well. Treat the crew with A-grade fish with a delicate flavor and bless their tastebuds with this bachelor party food item!
- Coffee rubbed steak – If you’ve never thought of combining coffee and steak, here’s a chance to impress the attendees with an original recipe! Paired with grilled vegetables, this simple yet interesting take on a classic steak dish will definitely be a winner on the table
- BBQ ribs with hot sauces – Make your own Hot Sauce episode and have an endurance contest you’ll certainly be talking about long after the bachelor party’s over!
- Duck breast with a fruity sauce – Autumn is a duck season, so if you’re hosting a stag do in fall, it’s a perfect choice for the main dish. When it comes to savory sauces that complement it well, this of berries, passion fruits or oranges
- Smoked brisket – Who’s up for some Texan delicacies straight from the smoker? Though this delicacy takes a few hours of smoking to prepare, the result is definitely worth it!
- Beer brats – it’s a sausage party, after all! Jokes aside, this traditional game-day dish is a German Oktoberfest food that is perfect for an outdoor garden bachelor party.
- Lamb shanks – This low an’ slow-cooked meat dish is finger licking good, and a great bachelor party food idea at that.
The number of people turning to a vegan diet has been growing substantially in the last few years, so be mindful of the guys who are on a plant-based diet as well. When it comes to culinary trends, they’re in high demand and you’ll find the internet is bursting with delicious vegan dishes. Heck, they’re a great option for meat eaters as well, even if only as a side dish. Find some inspiration in the recipes below:
- Cauliflower tacos – The crisp from roasted cauliflower paired with some vibrant seasoning of every vegan bachelor party food menu. Garnish them with sauces, creams or add a sweet note with some caramelized onion
- Vegan curry – red lentil, beans or chickpea – you name it, there’s a curry with it! With the right medley of herbs, it’s a guaranteed delight to the palate
- Veggie burgers – burgers are the classic fast-food option, meat or no meat. Pack them with protein like black beans or soybeans and you’ll get rave reviews from the vegan squad
- Falafels – for all kinds of favors caressing the taste buds, go no further than this famous Middle Eastern dish
- Tofu – another great source of protein that is a versatile ingredient in meatless cooking. Grilled, cooked or fried, its satisfying flavor might even win over some meat eaters as well!
- Onigiri – and now for some Japanese delight! Whether it’s one of the vegan bachelor party appetizer ideas or the main dish, these rice balls can be filled with ingredients of your choice. Avocado, algae or walnuts work great as vegan options, plus they’ll turn out all colorful and pleasing to the eye
- Roasted Brussel sprouts – Here’s another finger food option that can either be used as a starter dish or a full meal. They also work as a side dish and are a great component of hummus or melted tofu
- Vegetable rosti – Whether in the shape of a cottage pie or as patties, this veggie dish is filling and easy to make. Bake it or fry it, it’s equally delicious!
- Mushroom casserole – here’s a comfort food classic. This creamy dish can, alongside mushrooms, also be made with rice, mashed potatoes or spinach, to name a few.
- Eggplant rollatini – who said eating vegan has to mean giving up convenience? With some vegan parmesan as a great topping option, this will turn into a satisfying meal – the guys will surely ask for seconds so make plenty!
Maybe the plated, family-style dining doesn’t suit your party as much and you prefer to serve a few dishes in a sizeable amount. The help-yourself tactic will also absolve you of many hosting duties and you’ll be able to enjoy the party much more and not think about setting the table. If nothing else, there’s always the option of a catered buffet, which is a great idea if you’re renting a venue. Simply placing the buffet as a focal point for the room makes for a much better decor than balloons, at least when men are concerned, right? Here are some finger food wonders you might want to consider putting on your buffet table:
- Build-your-own-sandwich board
- Mozzarella sticks
- Quiche Bites
- Mini pizzas
- Mini chicken skewers
- Sausage rolls
- Curry puffs
- Beef empanadas
- Buffalo wings
- Garlic breadsticks
Salads for a bachelor party get-together
Serving up a colorful, finely chopped salad that complements the meal is a great way to complete the impression of a great host. The boys will surely be impressed with your cooking skills, no doubt about it! In the sea of all kinds of greens, take a look at our suggestions below:
- Romesco pasta salad
- Greek salad
- Chopped Mexican salad
- Mediterrannean pasta salad
- Bean and broccoli salad
No party is ever complete without some sweets! Unfortunately, they are usually omitted from the bachelor party food menu, suggesting that alcohol should be enough to satisfy the guys’ tastes. It may come as a shock to some, but, hey, men like candy too! Plus, alcoholic desserts are a thing! And, yes, you technically can get a pass with only Gummy Sutra gummy bears dipped in vodka, but an actual cake wouldn’t hurt as well. With that in mind, here are a few ideas you can easily find the recipes to and make in no time:
- Bourbon biscuit cheesecake
- Irish whiskey cake
- Red wine chocolate truffles
- Bailey’s choco mousse
- Champagne crème brûlè