There is clapping in the castle, there is clapping all around
There is clapping in the castle, mirth and merriment abound!
It is a well-known fact that children are bigger party animals than adults, therefore clapping, mirth and merriment are going to happen for sure. What you need is to build a castle. How are you going to build a castle? By picking up an awesome kids’ birthday party decoration!
In the following lines, this article is going to provide you with the best ideas for birthday decorations for kids. Some of them are going to be simple birthday decorations with balloons while some might require more time, creativity, and hard work.
Centerpieces for kids parties
The tables at kids’ birthday parties are castle towers and centerpieces – flags that stand at the top of every medieval castle, giving it a specific personal touch. Therefore, centerpieces for kids parties require special attention. Always have in mind that centerpieces, as probably the most visible part of the decoration, always need to be in harmony and related to child party themes. Therefore, it is good to always choose a theme first before moving to the decoration. Here are some of our suggestions:
No, no no no, stick to the stuff you know, if you wanna be cool, follow the one simple rule don’t mess with the flow, no, no – stick to the status quo! Although this famous High school musical song is giving us advice that was (spoiler alert) at the end of the movie proven wrong, it might be quite useful when we talk about children’s party decoration. Even the greatest artists had creative blockades throughout their life, so don’t be sad if you are at one at this very moment. That does not mean that your blockade will ruin your child’s special day. Quite an opposite, just stick to the classics and the result will be perfect! Here are our suggestions:
- “Hello (number of years)! Please be awesome!” centerpiece
- Happy birthday honeycomb paper centerpiece
- Glow party birthday centerpiece
- Personalized photos centerpieces
- Precious moments centerpiece
- Party Stars Cascade centerpiece
- Hibiscus foil cascade centerpiece
- Royal blue foil cascade centerpiece
- Twinkle twinkle little star centerpiece
- Back to school centerpiece
- Bumblebee honeycomb centerpiece
- Rainbow centerpiece
- Pool party centerpiece
Pop culture centerpieces
Another „stick to the status quo“ set of ideas where you can not make mistakes are pop culture centerpieces! All you have to do is to follow your child’s pop culture interests (a.k.a his/her favorite singers, actors, cartoons, movies, tv shows, etc.) and notice what are his/her favorites. You may directly ask him/her to choose (or on some occasions, he/she will directly tell you) or you may make it as a surprise! Here is the list of our suggestions:
- Video games centerpieces
- Castle centerpiece
- Dinosaur centerpiece
- Disney princess centerpiece
- Little Yoda centerpiece
- Sesame street centerpiece
- Sonic the hedgehog centerpiece
- Narwhal centerpiece
- Trolls’ centerpiece
- Dragon centerpiece
- Teddy bear centerpiece
- Adventurous centerpiece
- Woodland animals centerpiece
- SpongeBob centerpiece
- Unicorn centerpiece
- Alice in the wonderland centerpiece
- Circus centerpiece
- Pirate centerpiece
- Outer space centerpiece
- Robot centerpiece
- Super Mario centerpiece
- Mickey and Minnie centerpiece
- Blue monkey boy centerpiece
- Gingerbread house/man centerpiece
- Disney car’s centerpiece
If your child is into hiking, camping, swimming, diving, or other nature/outdoor stuff, these centerpieces will be the ideal solution as well. Additionally, we will provide you here with some sports and animal-related centerpiece ideas as well. If you choose any of these, you may even think of a theme party as well, to fit the centerpiece. Here are the suggestions:
- Pot-o-gold centerpiece
- Animal-related centerpieces
- Ocean party centerpiece
- Artificial campfire centerpiece
- Puppy dog pal centerpiece
- Sport-related centerpieces
- Shark centerpiece
- Summer party palm centerpiece
- Cactus centerpiece
- Ocean/sea animal centerpiece
- Jellyfish centerpiece
- Farm centerpiece
- Soccer cascade centerpiece
Finally, here is the list of alternative centerpieces. If you decide to pick some of them, you must pay attention to whether they interest your child at all. Here are suggestions:
- Make-up/spa centerpiece
- Magic Honeycomb centerpiece
- Art Party centerpiece
- Construction and transportation centerpiece
Kids parties table decoration
After you pick up the centerpiece, it is time to finish the other table decoration. In the same way that the centerpiece has to match with the kids party theme, the table decoration has to match with the centerpiece. After all, you will not see the Chinese flag at a medieval English castle.
Let’s start with the basic and obligatory table items:
- Knives, forks, and spoons
- Plates (for both food and cake)
- Serving Dishes
- Serving Utensils
- Cake cutter
And here are some additional things, that are not obligatory but could give a nice impression:
- Paper straws (come in a variety of size and shape; you might personalize them by adding your child’s photography, favorite cartoon character, or animal to its top, also there are a variety of DIY options)
- Table standing ballons
- Napkin holders
- Toothpick holder
- Ashtray (for the adults’ tables, if the venue allows smoking)
- Candles (although there is natural light, this decoration item may give a sense of warmth and calmness
- Candleholders (for more elegant and glamorous themes)
- Incense (oil or sticks; be aware, some guests might not like it; also it has to go with the theme)
- Incense holders
- Food décor (cake pops, jelly jars, and similar)
- Flower vase
- Motivational quotes (and blackboard/paper to write it on; they may even be written in small letters and put under napkin as a special message to each guest)
Other decoration ideas
Now let’s put a final piece into the puzzle. As long as it follows a party theme, you may add any additional decoration that you like. Here are some of the ideas:
- Ballons: in the ABC of party decoration, balloons always come at A. They are on every invitation card, party instruction manual, every party scene in the movies…the list may go on forever. You may be creative and make some DIY balloons, you may order the personalized one, or, in case that creativity is currently not on your side, just order classical balloons in different colors. With them, you can’t go wrong
- Ballon weights: not necessary, but may give additional favor to the decoration.
- Streamers: the ideal way to make fun atmosphere “more materialized”
- Birthday banner: every birthday is a chance for the celebrant to be the star of the day. And how to make it more obvious than with a birthday banner that will shine bright like a diamond and strong as a neon ray. Apart from the classical “happy birthday” banner, you may personalize it by adding the celebrant’s name or anything else personally related to him/her.
- Yard sign: do not limit yourself only to birthday banner – make message global!
- Birthday Milestone Poster: apart from global, shiny and, strong, party banner may be personal as well. With a Milestone poster, you may introduce guests better to the celebrant and allow them to guess what might happen during the party.
- Scene setters: photography became an essential part of every celebration, especially with the fast development of social networks. Therefore, create a corner where the celebrant, his/her friends, parents, and other guests will be able to make the best memories. Like in previous items, personalize it by the tastes of the celebrant.
- Hanging decoration: may include anything from the disco ball to piñata. Paper lanterns are also always a good choice.
- Cake candles, topper, and figurines: make them similar or same to the centerpiece, especially if the theme is very specific
- Inflatable houses: easy to use and create a lot of fun. Especially recommendable for younger children.
- Blowouts and other noisemakers: according to ancient Chinese belief, the presence of a lot of sounds at every celebration will cast the evil luck out; regardless if you believe in it or not, it will make fun! And fun is the biggest luck!
- Party hats: you may order them or you may have a make-your-own party hat if guests are into creativity and art.
- Birthday confetti: you don’t need a fairy to have some magic dust in the air…. or maybe the magic dust in the air will make a fairy come and fulfill all celebrant’s wishes.
- Paint Splats: one of the best-known facts about kids is that nothing is sweeter to them than to make a mess. Since that kind of pleasure isn’t permittable every day, there is nothing wrong to have some fun at the birthday party. Not just that it will enable them to enjoy making a mess, but they will, as many psychologists suggest, develop creativity and support emotional growth. So, give it a chance!
Once upon a time, there was a castle
And in this castle lived a King and Queen
And it came to pass, they were both were blessed
By one little blue-eyed prince/princess
With the softest golden curls, you’ve ever seen.
Indeed, they did, indeed they had a beautiful little angel and indeed it was the beautiful castle! And what is the next step towards this fairytale happy ending? An awesome party! After choosing the theme and decoration, there are plenty of steps that you have to take afterward! But before moving to the following steps, here are some additional advice that you should have in mind while creating, planning, and organizing birthday party decoration:
- Budget and time management! This is something essential for every successful event! Be realistic above both time and money and do not ever push yourself more than you can handle! The purpose of every celebration is to be transformed after its ending into a beautiful memory and not intro trauma and/or repentance!
- Follow the decoration-organization pyramid that is presented in this article. At the top of the pyramid, there is a party theme. After that, there is a centerpiece as the most visible symbol of the theme. Later, there is table decoration and finally, there is another decoration.
- Include your child in the organization process! First, think of its wishes and tastes. It is his/her special day after all and the decoration is always better when it has at least one small personal touch! Second, try to include him/her in an organization process (of course, according to his/her age). Apart from giving him/her a personalized beautiful day, direct participation of the child will also develop a sense of responsibility and plant a seed of organizational skills! And organization skills are nowadays absolutely must-have in every part of everyday life!
- Last but not the least, have fun! It is not only his/her special day, but it is also yours. In every fairytale, King and Queen are important protagonists as much as prince/princess! With good luck and some faith, a fairy godmother shall come as well!
We wish you and your child all the best! May the following years be as awesome as the party decoration that we are sure that you will create! Good luck and have fun! Cheers!