These are the lyrics that many kids are looking forward to hearing for the whole year. They wait with impatience for the day when they will be “the star of the evening” and have a great time with their friends. Every year is different and every child is different, thus organizing a good and unique children party that will fit both birthday boy/girl and guests’ interests and preferences is a big challenge.
One of the key ingredients in the recipe for a marvelous party is to find a place to have a kid’s birthday party. In this article, we shall provide you with some top places to celebrate your child’s birthday, according to his/her taste and your budget! So, let’s begin.
Classic Birthday Party Venues
If nothing is coming up to your mind, it is always a good solution to start with the basics. Although they might look like a cliché, with these things in 90% of cases you won’t be wrong. All kids love games, so here is the list of some game associated birthday party places for kids. Some games are more thrilling while some are more artistic. Think good about your child’s affinities and you won’t be wrong!
- Amusement parks or theme parks
- Art studios and their craftworks
- Bowling alleys
- Build-A-Bear or similar toy-making workshops
- Ceramic cafes or pottery painting workshops
- Fire stations and their educational games/programs for children
- Ice cream parlors (with as many flavors as possible)
- Ice-skating rinks
- Indoor play park or soft play gyms
- Inflatable play and bouncy house places
- Laser tag
- Miniature golf courses (indoor and outdoor)
- Paintball facilities
- Pizza parlors
- Roller-skating rinks
- Video arcade
Affordable Kids Birthday Party Places
If you are looking for a more budget-friendly solution for a kid’s birthday party venue, here are some suggestions. What makes these places cheaper is the fact that, unlike in the previous category, they will only provide you with the place while you have to create activities on your own. Still, it might be a good chance for you to practice your creativity. The best things in life are free, as folk wisdom used to say, so don’t get low-spirited if you are not in a position to provide an expensive place for your child’s celebration. After all, good ideas can’t be bought by money, so look at your child’s birthday as a way to turn your excellent ideas into action. Many of the activities mentioned in the previous chapter you can organize by yourself at places on the following lists. After every place mentioned, we will give you a few suggestions)
- Beaches (swimming, diving, beach volleyball, competition in building sandcastles or finding seashells)
- Church recreation halls (board games competitions, tombola, dance competition)
- Community Center/ Civic Center (both of these institutions often offer different free of charge activities and workshops for children and youth, so you may inform about their monthly or weekly schedule; even if you have to pay some fees for participation there is a large possibility that they will offer you the reduced price if a lot of children participate)
- Libraries (like community centers and civic centers, libraries also offer different educational programs and craftworks, so check their monthly or weekly schedule)
- Public gardens (beside tour guides suitable for children, they might also provide some additional programs)
- Public parks (you may organize different sport or board games and competitions, picnic (with cake served on a gingham picnic blanket) or various outdoor activities)
- School gyms (different sport games and competitions)
Nature party venues
If your child is nature or/and animal lover, this option is perfect. Still, each of these kids’ birthday party places requires special conditions. After giving you a suggestion, we will make short writing about those special conditions. For all places below, the main problem you might face and you might think about before making a decision is the question of transport: how will you get guests of your children to the birthday venue. If you choose nature party venues, this should be put in your organization scheme before anything else.
Disclosure:Please note that the links below are affiliate links. Yup, I might get some monies to fuel my sweets addiction… More sweets for me = More great free content for you! Overall, this means I may earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you decide to purchase something. Thank you so much for your continued support! 😊
Singing the birthday song around a campfire does not sound like a bad idea at all. Still, you have to inform yourself about the following: weather forecast, capacities, and the camp and camp activities being offered. Also, you should think about whether you want to spend a day or more in the camp!
Old MacDonald had a farm EE-I-EE-I-O and on that farm, he had some… A great place to have a marvelous kids’ birthday party. If your child is an animal lover and if he/she loved MacDonald’s song, this could be an excellent party venue that will make their childhood memories come alive. Many farms organize a whole set of activities, from agricultural craftworks to befriending with domestic animals. Before choosing this, inform yourself about the weather forecast and capacities of the farm.
- Forests and other natural landscapes
Like any other natural landscape, the forest may be an ideal kid’s party place if you want to spend a birthday in the open air. Also, in every beautiful landscape, you will make amazing birthday photos. Activities in the forest may include everything from hiking to man-nature orientation workshops. Still, think again about the weather forecast, the number of children, and especially about their allergies.
- Horse ranches that offer riding lessons
The horses are beautiful. Besides representing the symbol of freedom, many psychologists claim that a close relationship between horses and children is good for their emotional stability. So, this could also be an excellent kids’ birthday party place. Still, you have to think about the following: how many children will be there and are there enough children (a.k.a. beginners) suitable horses at the horse ranch facility.
Party venues for curios kids
Does your son/daughter love to study? Is science or history his/her favorite subject at school. Then you should think about the following suggestions as a place to have a kid’s birthday party. The museums and other cultural and learning institutions offer a variety of educational and game activities. You just need to find a cultural and/or educational facility close to your home and inform about their weekly/monthly schedules. Like in previous suggestions, some of those activities might be free, so many of these venues might be budget-friendly as well.
- Art galleries
- Ballet studios
- Beading or jewelry-making class
- Candy/Chocolate shops
- Ceramic Cafes or Pottery Painting facilities
- Children’s museums
- Cooking class
- Local factory tour
- Magician class
- Music studio or classroom
- Nature and history museums
- Art museum
- Folklore museum
- Painting studios
- Science centers
- Scrapbooking class
- Tea house/ tea party
- Wax museum
Adrenaline-lovers party venues
Now something for children who are more into sports and who would prefer their birthday to be more active. Below you will find the list of different sports activities that will make your child feel tones of adrenaline on his/her birthday. As scientists proved, sports activities are raising the level of serotonin, the hormone of happiness, in our blood. So, this kid’s party venues might be the perfect opportunity for your child to start the new year of his/her life with positive vibes! But before choosing a venue, obligatory check whether it is risk-free.
- Aqua mermaid courses
- Batting cages
- Circus Studio / Trapeze Class
- Go-kart facilities
- Golf courses
- Gymnastics centers
- Horseback Riding
- Ice-skating rinks
- Indoor Maze
- Indoor soccer fields
- Trampoline Center
- Karate facilities
- Other dance studios
- Public-school gym or sports field
- Rock climbing gyms
- Roller-skating rinks
- Skateboarding parks
- Skating rink
- Swimming pools
- Tae-kwon-do facilities
- Tennis courts
- Yoga studios
- Zip Lining
Seasonal party places
Every season of the year has its beautiful sides and many people believe that the season we are born has a strong influence on our character. We all heard about spring kids, summer kids, winter kids, etc. Regardless if you share that belief or not, using the benefits of the season when your child’s birthday is taking place may be an excellent solution for picking up the kid’s birthday party place. According to that, we provide you with a seasonal venue list below.
- Amusement parks (spring, summer, early fall)
- Apple Picking or Pumpkin Patches (fall)
- Beaches (late spring, summer, early fall (depending on outdoor and water temperature)
- Farms/ Ranch (during spring or fall if your child is interested in participating in agricultural activities)
- Gardens (spring, if your child is interested in gardening)
- Ice-skating rinks (winter)
- Lakes (late spring, summer, early fall; like in the previous venue, it is depending on water and outdoor temperature)
- Parks (all seasons – if it is spring your child might enjoy a picnic and if it is winter, he/she might enjoy making a snowman, sledding, or starting a snowball battle)
- Ski resorts or lodges (winter)
- Sledding hills (winter)
- Sugar Shack/ Cabane a Sucre (in the period when maple syrup is being made)
- Swimming pools (late spring, summer, early fall (if it is an outdoor pool, if it is indoor then this is the whole year solution)
- Water slide parks (late spring, summer, early fall; in general, during period water slide parks are open which again depends on air temperature)
Elder children party places
Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute…. Do I really see what’s in her mind, each time I think I’m close to knowing, she keeps on growing, Slipping through my fingers all the time? This sad ABBA song does not have to be your reality at all. As a matter of fact, the situation might be quite an opposite. Although you may not be in a position to organize the celebrations you would organize a few years ago, it does not mean you should not organize celebrations at all. The only difference is that you have to modify it according to your child’s age. Thus, we are giving you a list of elder kids birthday party places. Just make a quick look into your child’s mind and you will make the right choice.
- All-ages Dance Clubs
- Art studios
- Beauty salons/Nail Salon/Day Spa
- Coffee houses
- Comedy Show or Comedy Museum
- Cooking-class facilities
- Karaoke facilities
- Movie theaters
- Professional sporting events
- Theme Park
Unusual party venues
Finally, we would like to give three suggestions for kids who prefer unique party venues. Unlike the previous ones, this one might require special organization (as in the case of boat cruise) or specific taste of both celebrant and guests (as in the case of historic homes). Still, if that is what your child wants, give it a shot. It is his/her special day after all, isn’t it?
- Boat Cruise
- Historic Homes
- Photo Shoot/ Photography Studio
As your child’s birthday wish is coming true…
…as well will yours. And we hope we managed to help you at least a little to make your son/daughter a special day awesome. As we hope this article proved, choosing a good place for your child’s birthday is not a Sisyphean task as it might seem to be.
Still, as we are finishing this article, we would like to remind you again of the few important issues that you have to think about when choosing a venue. Those important issues are:
- What is your budget? That’s the thing you should most and foremost think about. The answer to this question will directly influence all other issues on this list!
- How many children will be at the party? Will there be parents as well? Even if your budget allows you to throw a big party, think whether it is what your child wants or is he/she more into celebrating a birthday will narrow circle of close friends!
- Do you need additional help? If the children are younger and there are more children than you can handle, you may need a hand. You can ask some friends or other parents to help or you can hire a chaperone.
- How will you do food and drink supply to the party? Does the venue provide it or it allows you to bring your own?
- Finally, make an organization scheme! Start with a budget, guest list, activities, food, and drink….and have good time management! You don’t want to turn your child’s special day into your worst nightmare!
Enjoy, have fun, and wish happy birthday to your child in our name!